Caribbean dancercise and aerobic dance fitness is not only great for our bodies, it’s great for our minds. While dancing to the exciting beats of Caribbean Rhythms and Latin music, the brain’s pharmacy begins to release its natural ‘fixes’ of serotonin and dopamine to make us feel good. In other words, dancing is a natural high! In our modern day lives fitness should register high on our daily to-do list to combat stress and inactivity.
ZUMBA GOLD® Fitness Program
Zumba Fitness improves balance, flexibility and cardiovascular strength with its unique program. Zumba Gold was designed to teach the basic dance steps to anyone, even those requiring chairs or wheel chairs. Zumba Gold provides an appropriate workout for the sedentary population. Feeling the music is the first and most important step to learning Zumba. Feeling the music happens when one suddenly forgets she’s dancing in a class and the music is the reason to move with joy.
Physiological Benefits of Zumba Gold®
- improved cognitive function (from learning new steps and moves)
- improved motor control and performance (practice, practice, practice)
- improved range of motion, overall strength and flexibility
- improved bone density
- increased caloric expenditure
- improved ability to perform pain-free activities of daily life
Psychological Benefits of Zumba Gold®
- enhanced self esteem
- enhanced general feeling of well being
- empowered & enhanced quality of life
- enhanced relaxation
- reduced depression, stress, anxiety
- increased opportunities for social interaction
- increased opportunities to dance, party, & have fun!
Difference Between Zumba Basic® and Zumba Gold®
- how long the class lasts
- how long the warm-up lasts
- how long the cool-down lasts
- speed and intensity of the dance moves
If You’re Interested in Zumba®
- Go Join our Members Network to see where you can attend classes or go to get certified to teach Zumba classes.
- See how zumba makes you feel great.
To rediscover joy in movement, put on some aerobic dance shoes, get a bottle of water and find a Zumba class today. It just might be the easiest and most joyful way to stay healthy for life.